Monday, October 2, 2006

Playoff Predictions

I haven't yet mustered the courage to go back and look at our playoff team predictions, even the most recent ones. I will soon. But for now I'm just going to make some picks. Here are the LDS matchups:

AL
Tigers vs. Yankees
Twins vs. Athletics

NL
Cardinals vs. Padres
Dodgers vs. Mets

Predictions
The Yankees will dispatch of the Tigers fairly easily. The Tigers have been a great story of late, but they've faded.

In the other AL series, the Twins will top the A's. Despite not having Liriano, the Twins finished strong.

The Padres will get even for last year and knock out the Cardinals. And I'm going to hope the Mets fall to the Dodgers.

Early LCS Predictions
Yankees over Twins -- I hope I'm wrong
Dodgers over Padres -- I'll admit it, I just want to hear Vin Scully call a World Series. I know I can get it on tape, but hearing it "live" would be cool.

World Series
Dodgers over Yankees -- How cool would it be to have a Mets-Dodgers and Yankees - Dodgers series in the same post-season?

1 comment:

Mike said...

0-for-4. I rock!