It's still sinking in for me, but the Arizona Cardinals are NFC champions. Some of the quotes surrounding the event are as funny as the event is incomprehensible. Here are a few of my favorites:
- A cold front just blew through hell and the devil is frantically searching for a coat. (Revenge of the Birds)
- Sign: "We are who nobody thought we were" (Arizona Republic)
- Adrian Wilson, a relentless big-hitter and Pro Bowler, "If I could capture this moment in my mind and just remember it for the rest of my life . . . " (Arizona Republic)
- The founding member of the Cardinals "Wilson" greatness in the secondary, Larry Wilson, "It's a cold, cold day in hell". (Arizona Republic)
- Most unbelievable line, and this one is the headline of a newspaper story, "Analysis: Get used to this, Cards fans" (Arizona Republic) Slow down. Let's enjoy the next two weeks
- "Arizona Cardinals and Super Bowl in the same sentence -- I like the way that sounds," Kurt Warner (Arizona Republic)
- Speaking of Warner, this isn't a quote, but I don't recall talk of something happening in a Cardinals game that allegedly cemented one's Hall of Fame status. Well, at least nothing that was done by a Cardinal.