Monday, August 28, 2006

One Week Until Order Is Restored To The Universe

One week from today the big game will be played... or so we hope. Now that the date is nearly upon us, it dawns on me that the order I'm predicting to be restored to the universe may simply be the return of hurricane (meteorlogical) season and a lack of electricity. I'm hoping that's not the case and we see the return of Hurricanes (football variety) as a dominant force.

Anyway, here's a fun video:



And yes, I know what happened last year after Irvin gave his pre-game speech. But I can't help but laugh when I hear that speech, because it makes me think of the Fake Howard speech they run on the radio all the time. Sometimes I think I could be that blogger that Howard Schnellenberger (fake) refers to.

4 comments:

Mike said...

You needed a reminder?

Fake Howard is awesome. He did an interview at Dolphins camp that was great. He stayed in character the whole time talking to Jason Taylor and the other Dolphin punks. Good stuff.

Mike said...

Also, I belive your "hate" of Miami is similar to what Michael Irvin experienced with Burt Reynolds. You don't really hate Miami. You respect Miami. And you hate losing to Miami.

roger said...

One these days we need to get Metallica to play a concert during the Miami-FSU game. Can you imagine?

roger said...

Also... how much do you miss Ed Reed?

"I'm hurt dawg. Don't ASK me if I'm alright. Hell naw! Joauquin said dominate, and we're not doin' it. I put my heart into this shit, dawg. Let's go!"