Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Suck Ass.

But we knew that.

Okay - so here is what I have been doing of late.

I have been getting together a big application for a competition that want to do next month... singing oratorio stuff. And I have a TON of repertoire to learn for this thing, so it sort of took over my life. Me - doing sacred music. And I have been loving it. I never thought it...

I think the biggest thing is that I have been singing/learning/working on/listening to the opera stuff for so long that I have such ingrained ideas and bad habits about it, that it almost makes it harder to do. I can sing the oratorio stuff (same kind of stuff, difficulty-wise, really) with much more ease - cause I don't know it going in and the bad habits aren't there. It is a breath of fresh air - even if I am singin' 'bout good ol' God!

The other cool thing about this is that since I have opened up this new vista (of sorts), now going back to the opera stuff is easier. I look at it and go "Hell! This is the same shit I was just singing over there and it was easy - why am I making this difficult?" And I sing everything better. It's great!

I'm having a good old time. Singing is a funny business.

Oh yeah - and the love life is good...

Can't complain all around.

But I still suck ass. I will put up a better post tomorrow, if I get the day off again.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I suck too. I'm just reading this now. I'm pathetic. Really pathetic.

That's really cool though.

Will there be a best of Wiggins' Oratorio on iTunes soon?