Thursday, September 7, 2006

NFL starts tonight!

I, for one, can't wait. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch the game (much like last week, and the opening of the college ball season), but nevertheless...

Are you ready for some football?!?!?!

Quick thoughts -

1. We should do NFL predictions (division winners, playoffs, etc). For that matter we should do NCAA ones... you would kick my ass on those for sure, but I might have a chance on the NFL ones. I'll do mine after this - I have as good a shot as anyone else (so-called experts - pshaw!). We need to make sure and check them at the end of the season to see exactly how stupid we were...

B. How much money do you think Bud Seling would pay to have the Marlins take a dive? Them making the playoffs would be absolute armageddon for MLB - and the MLBPA, for THAT matter... why pay players anything?

THREE. On the flip-side - how much would YOU pay for a Fish-Twins world series? Dontrelle/Johan in game one? Sanchez/Liriano in game two? I would pay money for that.

*. I also feel the need to point out that yes - I do own Sanchez in the Fishstripes fantasy league (the one that Mike bailed on - jerk) AND had him active last night. I rule.

5. Here are my NFL predictions -

NFC EAST - Redskins (Homer call)
WEST - Cards (I'll regret this, but what the hell)
SOUTH - Panthers
NORTH - Bears
WC - Iggles, Falcons

AFC EAST - Dolphins
WEST - Chargers
SOUTH - Colts
NORTH - Bengals
WC - Pats, Broncos

Redskins over Bengals in the big game.

A fella can dream, can't he?

4 comments:

Mike said...

Even I'm not picking the Cardinals to win the West! You're crazy. My picks will go up shortly.

wiggins said...

I know. I figured you wouldn't, and I didn't want to, so... I had to, right?

Mike said...

You don't have Seattle making the playoffs at all? Not in that weak division? You must be applying some fancy post-super bowl fall off philosophy.

I think the Dolphins are over-hyped. Maybe it's just because I hate them. Their win streak at the end of last year was a bit of a mirage -- there were some easy teams, some breaks, and a Patriots team that wasn't playing for anything in the final week mixed in.

wiggins said...

I realized that I left the Seahwaks off. That was intentional. I just realized that I also left the Steelers off, though. That is almost certainly a mistake... I may have to revisit these...