Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Baseball Picks

I promised to put up some baseball picks this weekend - and completely forgot, cause I suck.

So here we go.

It looks to me like the divisions are all basically sewn up at this point, both in the AL and NL - the sole exception being the NL west.

To spell it out - I'm going to go with the Yanks, Tigers, and As in the AL. For the wild card, I do think the Twins will pull it out (especially if Liriano comes back (which is looking likely)).

The Mets and Cards take their divisions in the NL, and I still think the Pads win the West. The Wild Card...

I am going to say the Phillies will pull it out. If only because I refuse to believe the Marlins can actually come all the way back (no matter how much I may want them to).

Think that will do enough not to jinx them?

Okay... never mind...

Anyway - I also wanted to update the status of our weekend football picks -

Mike and I split right down the middle - five each. Thank you, FSU! Saved my ass, one more time...

Go Noles!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Nice picks. Sadly, I think you're right about the AL. And I like your NL pick. I hope the Fish and Phils don't split their 10 and effectively eliminate themselves in the process. Although, .500 is winning this thing, so who knows?

For the record, I would have won the picks this week, but the mini-Ditkas stayed in the lockerroom at halftime last night, as they didn't have adequate mini-rain gear for them to wear on the sidelines.

wiggins said...

That MUST have been it. SOMETHING happened at halftime. Maybe Bobby fed his boys some wheaties or something...