Thursday, August 24, 2006

Team colors

I just realized that the AS Roma colors -


















Bear at least a good little resemblance to the Skins colors and also (Duh) to the Noles. Do you think that it is a coincidence that I am drawn to this? I really have never (consciously, anyway) cared for that color scheme - and yet I find myself liking teams that use it. Is that why I am feeling less inclined towards Wigan these days?














DC United uses plenty of Red as well - with some gold in there... and I definitely feel a good affinity there.














I wonder how much any of that matters... someone should do a study on that. Is it simply because I grew up a raving Redskins fan, and associate those colors with good things in sports (even if not in other aspects of life - I'd never wear clothes like that or paint my house that color - ugh!)

Hmmmm...

Oh well. All I can say is - Go Skins!













...and yes - this was just an excuse to put up a new post that had cool pictures of my favorite teams.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Do you prefer Burger King's old color scheme to their new one?

There's probably something to that color stuff. There must be a list of what colors "mean".

wiggins said...

Hah! I never really thought about the BK thing... but then I never really eat there, so...

I actually had to look it up to see what you were talking about.

I should do some actual research and see if anyone has done some real work on team colors. I am sure they have...

wiggins said...

In looking into this more, I found this article -

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1175/is_n11_v22/ai_6723172

I didn't even realize people did these kind sof studies! This is fascinating. I have to look into this more...