Friday, June 23, 2006

Time to make Mike look silly

It ain't hard.

Okay - here are the picks -

Germany over Sweden (1-0)
Argentina over Mexico (3-1)
England over Ecuador (2-1)
Netherlands over Portugal (game of the round, decided by penalty kicks)
Italy over Australia (2-0)
Ukraine over Switzerland (2-1, Shevchenko golden goal)
Brazil over Ghana (4-0)
France over Spain (usual Spanish disappointment, 2-1)

Then - (edited - going with my heart now)

Argentina over Germany
Italy over Ukraine
Netherlands over England
Brazil over France

(all great games - wow)

Followed by -

Argentina over Italy
Netherlands over Brazil

Finals -

Argentina over Netherlands.

Can't quite go all the way with my Dutch boys... but having them beat England and Brazil - that's going out on a limb enough, I guess....

I'm gonna feel real stupid if they do win it all, though, and I just didn't have the faith.

(last edit) - I swear I did this before I saw Davies' picks. He only goes against me on the Ukraine pick in the next round, even going so far as to call the penalties in the Netherlands game... weird.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Ooh - look at the fancy boy predicting the scores of each match.

Why no Man of the Match predictions? Or are those coming later tonight/early tomorrow?

wiggins said...

I thought it was assumed that the Ref would be the man of the match for most...

chaco50 said...

All right. Very good!. I'm argentinien of course...
I'd like: Argentina 3 Brasil 0
lferesin@hotmail.com

wiggins said...

I'll take that. Brazil needs a good taking down.

My favorite line from the book - "Rooting for Brazil in the World Cup is like Rooting for the US in War"