Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Suck Huge Ass

Sorry I haven't been contributing over here. My contributions over at fishstripes have been complete crap as well... I'm burned out.

You ever have one of those patches in your life - where things actually go fairly well, and yet all it does it make you feel completely useless and inadequate?

Maybe I should just stop bitching, but I feel like shit these days. For no real good reason.

Well... nothing new and special anyway.

I think the problem may be this - the fact that some things are actually going well, and that some aspects of my life are looking up actually highlight the fact that so much else of my life is complete shit. Does that make any sense?

I really think I need a fresh start.

I need to find a job somewhere else and move somewhere new. Any suggestions? Phoenix looked good, momentarily, when I had some people supposedly looking for gigs for me there, but now it is not so attractive (they seem to have bailed on me - jerks).

I'm thinking Philly. I have friends there - I could still get to a decent number of Marlins games...

Any other spots I should check out? Where can a useless schlub like me get a job and find a place to live easily? And still have a decent artistic community...

4 comments:

Mike said...

Maybe it's just me, but I think Vegas is the answer to everything. I'd take Vegas over Phoenix anyday.

I don't know too much about Philly, but I downed 4 cheesesteaks in the 24 hours I was there last year. Obviously that makes it a good place in my mind.

I know the feeling you're describing though. I've been there plenty. That's a tough rut to get out of. But moving might help get you out of it. Just be sure that you're moving for the right reasons and not just moving to move.

wiggins said...

I do like the cheesesteaks.

I realized that I need to move when I first considered the Arizona thing. It was SO unbelievably appealing, even though I really didn't like Phoenix, that I knew I had hit on something. Then I realized that Ihad a lot of good reasons to get out of here. I think it's time.

Thankfully I ain't really leaving anything behind...

And the cheesesteaks IS nice... mayeb I can put back all that weight I just took off!

Mike said...

Philly sounds like a plan to me. Lots to do on a lot of levels. Colleges, culture, sports, big population, etc, etc.

And I think you could make something of the cheesesteaks. I can envision a one man play/opera revolving around the protagonists love of cheesesteaks. I'd go see it.

And if you need to feel better: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8269/evalongoriatongue9eh8md6bg.gif

wiggins said...

I think I will actually wind up here in the end.

It's too much trouble to move for the kind of job I will get...

Sucks.

That is okay. I am consoling myself with Johnny Walker and "Old School" tonight.

All is good.