Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Job Hunting Sucks Ass

I need to drink more.

Or less.

Not sure which.

Have I mentioned that I hate job-hunting?

Well I do.

The process of trying to pimp yourself out to a bunch of people who know nothing about you, and care less, for no reason other than (in my case) you need health insurance, is obnoxious and ridiculous. It sucks huge ass. Doesn't everyone already know how cool I am? Shouldn't I get paid for that? Wait - I already make enough money... I just need benefits. Why can't I get benefits as a musician/teacher? Why does my life suck so? Why do I need a desk job? Why can't we have universal health care? I'm not a political animal, but when it makes me go job-hunting all of a sudden I care, mother-fucker - I care! Let me know where to picket and I'm there. Just one question... this protesting gig - it comes with a dental plan, right?

Maybe I'll move to Canada.

I'll take the Marlins with me, and move them to the only market that makes sense - Montreal.

7 comments:

Mike said...

I can count on one hand the people I know who have jobs for any reason other than that they need the benefits - insurance or whatever.

That you can't find benefits as a teacher is pretty telling about how messed up things can be in this country.

But don't get too excited about a dental plan. I'm fortunate enough to have about as good of insurance as there is. But they even tell us that the dental coverage is for preventitive stuff - and that if/when anything goes wrong, you'll be paying something outrageous for it.

Mike said...

Oh yeah - and Montreal does make sense. It's the largest city in North America without MLB.

wiggins said...

I ain't actually all that worried about the dental plan. It's more about the prescription thing at this point, and what-not now that I have a real honest-to-god condition...

Sucks.

Mike said...

Uh oh. That sucks. Have you thought about going the new All-American route for perscriptions? That would, of course, be buying through Canada/India over the Internet.

wiggins said...

Hell yeah! That's the way, baby. I haven't started yet, since my doc was good enough to give me LOTS of free samples, but soon enough I will have to. I will find a good price... but I still would like to get the health insurance. It's probably about time...

Mike said...

Send me an email to remind me about this tomorrow. I'll ask some people where they shop. Unfortunately, I know some other people who are in your situation.

wiggins said...

Cool. I may well do that. I have nothing better to do (as I don't even teach tomorrow!)

Have fun, sir.