Saturday, July 23, 2005

Writing is Therapeutic

I just wrote out a huge post about this whole deal where I described my wedding experience today and how it made me depressed (in particular one woman who just pissed me off and made me question everything I hold dear) - and just the act of typing it up and thinking about it in a coherent and (semi-)intelligent fashion made me realize what really bugged me about it and how truly stupid it was.

You won't see the post here and I won't bug anyone with all the details of my pity-party, but isn't that amazing? Two things - how easy it is to let someone you don't even KNOW mess up your life (at least momentarily) and depress the hell out of you. AND - how writing things out and forcing yourself to really think clearly about it can really help a lot of shit. You don't even need to share it with the world!

Bizarre. I need to do this more often.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hooray, blogs.

wiggins said...

Indeed. Who knew? I guess this is why people keep journals. I never did before. I like typing it up, though, since you can go back and edit and try and make it make sense. I will never publish such crap, though, as I KNOW no-one else cares. Glad I typed it up, though. I feel much better...

Mike said...

You could start a blog that you don't tell anyone about. Then you could go back and find your ramblings later.

I don't have another site. I'm just mentioning it to try to make Carolina's head spin a little.

wiggins said...

Naw. I don't need to publish anything. I may just do it in Word or some crap from now on. It doesn't happenm too often...

Is FS acting up on you?